Subscriber

Monday, June 10, 2013

Sooooooo... I've been running....


I have picked up running again, and for the past few weeks it's really helped center me. I'm up to 4 miles right now in 45 minutes (not to shabby). I'm starting to push myself each time to run to go even further/longer. There's just something about running in Forest Park. Headphones on, the path in front of you, and no where to be but there. I enjoy this time the most.... I  go with friends occasionally, but I prefer to go by myself. This is actually becoming a new habit. It just does something for my spirit and energy. To be out there with the beautiful scenery and just be with myself is very soothing.

For the past few months I have been in this mode of having to always be somewhere and completing something. It's just been this consistent go go go reality and I've missed my moments to myself. These runs allow me a moment to myself. I'm not concerned with what's going on in the rest of my world, but what's going on in the moment at hand.

I have tons of time to reflect on what's happened in the last few days and also dream. Now don't get me wrong the run can be a bit taxing, but that's a part of it. I'm no marathon runner, but I can hold my own.

-->

No comments:

Post a Comment